ECTN Awards and annual Conference 2021
Mentés Google Naptárba
Esemény időpontja: 2021-10-20 10:00:00 - 2021-10-23 18:00:00
Call for entries for the ECTN Awards 2021 'Destination of Sustainable Cultural Tourism' and the Call for Presenters for ECTN annual Conference 2021 that will take place in Athens, Greece, on 20-23 October 2021.
For information about details and how to submit applications please visit:
As you may know, ECTN Awards are in partnership with Europa Nostra, European Travel Commission and NECSTouR since 2018 EYCH. The overall theme this year is:
Regenerating European Tourism through Culture, Heritage and Creativity
There are 6 categories this year, viz:
- Archaeological Sites and Museums as Cultural Tourism Attractions
- Walking Tourism and Slow Travel – Synergies with Cultural Tourism, supported by Via Francigena Cultural Route of the Council of Europe
- Digitalisation in Sustainable Cultural Tourism, towards Smart Destinations
- Transnational Thematic Tourism Products, including European Cultural Routes
- Cultural and Creative Industries (CCIs) contribution to Cultural and Creative Tourism development, in the framework of the 'International Year of Creative Economy for Sustainable Development 2021' and Interreg Europe Cult-CreaTE project, supported by 'Creative Tourism Network'
- Railway Heritage Assets for Cultural Tourism, in the framework of the 'European Year of Rail 2021'.
The Joint Awards are open to all tourist destinations across Europe, national, regional and local authorities, tourism boards and associations, destination management organisations, museums, interpretation centres, cultural routes, festivals and cultural NGOs.
Deadline for submission: 1 June 2021.
Relevant Abstracts (up to 500 words) may also be submitted on line:
The results of the Awards Jury regarding the selection of finalists and the Conference Programme Committee for selected presenters are expected to be announced in early September. The Awards ceremony will take place in Athens on 21 October 2021. The finalists will be offered 2 free registrations for the ECTN Conference.